Tuesday, September 2, 2008




What You Should Know Before Ordering Your Direct Satellite TV

Usually, when I compare satellite providers, I take a quick look at the cost of their service and just assume that they are all the same. There are some popular carriers who always had low prices, and even hooked up the equipment on lease for no charge. The question is: Are they all the same? Looking closer, you'll see that each company can have its advantages. What makes them the better company is determined by what YOU are looking for in a satellite provider.

As far as the hardware and installation, many popular companies are very similar in what they can offer. However, that may be where the similarities stop. The real value can be included in what they offer as far as the premium channels: HBO, Showtime, Starz, and other popular programming channels. Each company has different prices as far as what they will charge to add these on to your basic package. Depending on how many of these premium channels you're interested in, this is where you can find the real deals.

Personally, I've had Dish Network and Direct Satellite TV installed in our home. From what I've noticed, Dish Network has better teaser specials, but when you start to want the better, more entertaining programming,(which most of us end up wanting in the long-run) Direct tv's special packages may seem a little more appealing.

Don't focus on how many channels you get with the package. This can be misleading, as I've noticed that in a lot of the medium-channel packages, there are hundreds of music selections that are classified as "channels". If you're like me, I haven't "watched" or listened to a music channel since I've signed up. I save my music listening for when I'm in my car.

It boils down to weeding out the music channels if you're not a big "music on tv" kind of person, and just zoning in on what is most important to you. I'd like to think that these are typically the premium channels, local news, sports, and other local programming. Throw in other special programming that may fit your hobbies or interests, and you have a package catered just for you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home